Saturday, October 13, 2007

K-Ville (billebahncke remix)

I'm getting a nice stream of remixes and production work from FOX these days. Yay! One of them made the title melody for the new cop show K-Ville taking place in post Katrina New Orleans. I did multiple versions w. various rappers, had New Orleans rapper Chamillionaire on one version and JR Get Money from BadBoy on another. However the show creators ended up not wanting rap on it at all so the final version only has New Orleans blues legend Dr. John wailing sick blues riffs. Check it out below. I'm dying to stick the Chamillionaire version up here but that will probly get me in trouble with the all watching copyright millitary police. The vocal sample hook I chopped is from a song Dr. John and his band wrote a week after the Katrina disaster - talking about: "coming back...to The Bayou" a (nickname for that area). Dr. John did additional vocals on top of the sample. He's the real deal! Check it out!!!



No comments: